Indonesia, a country located off the coast of mainland Southeast Asia in the Indian and Pacific oceans. It is an island nation located across the Equator with over 267 million people. Around 140.000 medical practitioner were practicing throughout Indonesia. Indonesia has 3,136 private universities and 122 state universities. Whereas many as 10 top medical faculties of state universities (FK UI, FK UNPAD, FK UGM, FK UNHAS, FK UNSRAT, FK UNSRI, FK UNUD, FK UNS, FK USU, and FK UB) has made a collaboration with Indonesia’s WFUMB-COE/ISUM to organized vary US courses.
Our centre located in Jl. Radio Dalam Raya no 1B, Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan, Indonesia
Tel: + 62-21-7258135, 7230060, 7230061 ( Fax )
Website : http://www.puski.org
The Indonesian Society Of Ultrasound in Medicine ( ISUM ) was founded on April 3, 1982, is an autonomous medical organization with the Indonesian Medical Association (IMA) as its parent body. ISUM serves as an umbrella organization for medical practitioners from various disciplines who frequently use ultrasound instruments to provide medical services, such as radiologists, ob-gyn, surgeons, internal medicine specialists, cardiologists, neurologists, pediatricians, rehab-medic specialists and general practitioners.
The Indonesia’s WFUMB-COE/ISUM is led by Dr. Daniel Makes , a Senior Consultant Radiologist and assisted by several various faculties came from multidisciplinary specialities and ISUM central administrators as well who have the aim of improving the quality of healthcare in Indonesia and developing a group of highly qualified sonologists and other health care professionals. To achieve the above goals, ISUM is happy to be assign as Indonesia’s WFUMB-COE in year 2011 and this organization annually runs an Ultrasound education and training programs since year 2011 -, and below is the year 2019 programs :
- Basic Level US course for General Practitioner (12 times per year with total of ± 240 participants)
- Basic Musculoskeletal US course (4 times per year with total of ± 120 participants)
- Intermediate Musculoskeletal US course (1 time per year with ± 20 participants)
- Residents of the Department of Surgery, from state University throughout Indonesia (4 times per year with total of ± 120 participants)
- Residents of the Department of Internal, from state University throughout Indonesia (4 times per year with total ± 160 participants)
- Basic Pediatric US course for Pediatricians (2 times per year with total of ± 50 participants)
- Intermediate Pediatric for Pediatricians (1 time per year with ± 20 participants)
- Basic OBSGYN (4 times per year with total ± 80 participants)
- Internal Medicine Specialist US course level I (4 times per year with total ± 125 participants)
- Internal Medicine Specialist US course level II (1 time per year with ± 25 participants)
- Internal Medicine Specialist US course level III (1 time per year with ± 25 participants)
- Basic Chest US course (2 times per year with total of ± 50 participants)
- Intermediate Chest US course (1 time per year with ± 25 participants)
- Basic echocardiography (2 times per year with total ± 50 participants)
- Intermediate echocardiography (1 time per year with ± 20 participants)
- Basic Urology US course (1 time per year with ± 35 participants)
- Vascular Color Doppler US course (2 times per year with total of 55 participants)
During the global pandemic Covid-19 in year 2020, we only accept of 50 % of maximum seat capacity in our centre.
The Indonesia’s WFUMB-COE hold its Seminar Annually usually at the of each year with around 250-300 participants attend.
We also use our own course learning book for teaching at our center :
“ Ultrasonografi Abdomen, Aplikasi pada Praktik sehari-hari “ ( Indonesian language ),
ISBN 978-623-203-230-9, wrote by Dr. Daniel Makes
( In English : “ Abdominal Ultrasonography , Application in daily practice “ ).