Who Can Participate:
Innovative students that are currently enrolled in a higher education setting. We are hoping to welcome those focused in:
|Sports & Fitness||Health Administration|
Participants will be asked for no more than 10 hours of online participation. Each team will be comprised of students from different fields of study.
The Challenge to Solve:
For many sonographers, physicians, and other medical professionals performing ultrasound scans, pain is a daily reality. Work-related musculoskeletal disorders (WRMSD) limit their ability to live productive lives and care for their patients.
During this virtual Solution Hack-a-Thon Challenge, you and your team will be empowered to explore, discuss, debate and brainstorm on ways to eliminate WRMSD once and for all.
The Grand Prize to Earn:
Each member of the team with the winning solution will receive a $550 USD cash prize and will be invited to participate in the upcoming 2021 WRMSD Design Summit.
Registration and Timeline:
November 2, 2020 – Registration opens here. Please sign-up before November 30, 2020. Register early as participation will be limited.
December 7, 2020 to February 15, 2021 – Teams work at their own pace to complete and submit their presentation. Team collaboration calls start December 28, 2020
March 1, 2020 – Winners announced.
Winner Selection Criteria, Rules & Fine Print:
- Participation is open to residents/students of the US and Canada.
- Participants will commit to no more than 10 hours and will participate online.
- Each team will submit one presentation on their solution. Solutions cannot eliminate the need for an actual sonographer. Presentations should not exceed 5 to 7 minutes in length.
- Judges will be comprised of representatives from members of the WRMSD GC Alliance and industry-related partners. Presentations will be judged for innovation, sustainability, scalability.
- Each selected participant will receive a $25 USD VISA gift card
- Full copy of the Official Rules and Guidelines are available here.
The WRMSD Grand Challenge Alliance of Organizations includes:
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine,
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography and Inteleos,
- American Society of Echocardiography,
- Intersocietal Accreditation Commission,
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Cardiovascular Technology,
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography,
- Society for Vascular Ultrasound,
- Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
For more information visit https://www.ardms.org/wrmsd-grand-challenge/