Scholarship for CoE
One of the main missions of WFUMB is to promote education and training in ultrasound throughout the world. Therefore, WFUMB is offering 5 scholarships of 1000 USD to candidates who need support for travel and accommodation. The scholarships are primarily intended to support attendance at the WFUMB Center of Education’s (CoE) regional educational activities.
Responsibilities of Affiliated Regional Societies
Affiliated societies shall be responsible for the following:
- Distribution of this information to its Affiliated National Societies.
- Letter of recommendation when requested by the applicant.
Numbers of Recipients
Up to 5 recipients may be accepted every calendar year.
Criteria for application
- Age: Recipients restricted to those up to 40 years of age.
- Career: Recipients should be senior residents (>2 years) or sonographee (>2years) with sufficient training and experience in medical ultrasound.
- Language: Recipients should be capable of English speaking
- The course or training period should be under the auspices of a WFUMB CoE.
Duties of Recipients
- During the period of regional education recipients should attend the meeting.
- On completion of the meetings/ courses, recipients should submit a brief report to the WFUMB Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) at their earliest convenience.
The grant of up to 1,000 USD each for up to 5 recipients is payable to the recipient on submission of receipts and a brief report to WFUMB.